Sunday, August 29, 2010

School started...First Game...Last time with Kolt

Well what a crazy week! School started Wednesday and so far it feels like I can barely keep up. I'm working on gettting in a regular schedule. I was able to change my online class to an oncampus class, and I'm really glad I did that. There's lots of homework, but after just buckling down, and doing what I can, I think I can manage.

Our first games in Lamar, Colorado were ok. I started the first game, and we won in 3 sets against Vernon, TX. I played great and didn't have any hitting errors and only a few passing errors. I was really happy with how I played. The next game I didn't play at all. The foreign girls played for me and another outside. We lost in 4 to Yavapai, AZ. I think if I would've played, we would've won. Oh well. Pretty frustrating to lose on the bench, but afterwards at dinner, Coach said I hadn't done anything wrong and was just testing some people.

Apparently that wasn't right because I didn't play in the first game Saturday morning either. We won in 3 to Pratt, CO. Finally, the last game I played in the first game and played backrow for the next 3 games to win the set in 4. Really frustrating not playing especially when I feel like I should be. I'm not sure what will happen in games to come, but it's not much fun on a bench with 11 other girls. I'll try to keep in mind that I have free schooling right now.

It was so nice to have Mom and Kolt there. The shock of not playin for the first time would've been impossible without them there. I was really glad to have Kolt there a couple times to visit on Saturday. Saturday night I went home with them and was so happy to. Mom started driving and we all talked for a while. We then stopped in Laramie at Shari's. It was a perfect meal! French toast, eggs, hashbrowns, and chicken fried steak. Mom even said we were on the road and it was out really fast! Then Kolt drove for the last little bit. We sang to our favorite songs to keep awake! It was so fun to sing together. Then we all slept in the living room at my apartment, finally when we got hom at 2 AM.

Sunday we woke up and showered for 11 church at the singles branch. My institute teacher spoke, Brother Doug Andrus. He was a great speaker and I'm very excited for institute. After sacrament meeting, we went home and Mom cooked a yummy dinner. Then Kolt helped me with my homework for a minute and Mom took a nap. We loaded everything out and said goodbye. It was really hard to say goodbye. It was pretty emotional and heart wrenching, but Kolt was really good to help me be positive and keep an eternal perspective. It's hard to remember that he's not gone forever, and he'll be back. But at the moment, it feels like he's gone forever. He gets set apart tomorrow night, and then we won't be able to talk anymore. I hope he'll always remember how proud I am of him and never worry about me here because I'll always be here waiting for him. I love you, Kolt. Good luck on your mission. Do your best and serve the Lord with all your heart. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive. I love you and appreciate all you do for me. It never goes unnoticed.

No comments: