Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kolt's Farewell

Friday and Saturday's practices were alright! The news of practice is that I'm on the starting lineup!! Saturday night I drove home with Mandi Keck. There was a team activity, so no one else could come. She did really good, but I did get tired! When I got home, Kolt and I went to Olive Garden and ate with Kristi. Thanks, Sis! It was really yummy, and we had a good time catching up!



Sunday morning Kolt came over and picked me up. I printed some talks for his parents on the computer. We met over at his church at 8:20 AM. When we got there, his dad, Landon, Rope and Brand were setting up chairs as well as some boys from Bonneville. By 8:30, there were several boys there, and Kolt figured out his surprise! All the boys that affected his life sang for the musical number. They sang Called to Serve and We'll Bring the World His Truth. Kolt definitely wanted to sing too! We only practiced a few times, and then I went and sat by my family. LoAnn and Evan, Mom, Dad, Kevin & Ashley, Kristi & Bryant, and Tyler were all there! It was so nice to have such a great support group!

Angela Piquet spoke first and gave a nice talk about forgiveness and told many stories about Kolt. Shane, Kolt's dad, spoke next about accountability and also shared many stories about Kolt. They told about Kolt praying in Primary for a little brother, and also about how he got bucked off a horse, and got back on and rode him the whole day. He's a persistent worker. They both mentioned how they struggled with keeping the Sabbath day holy, and how they had done many family activities without Kolt. It sure made me proud of him. Then we had the musical number. I was nervous that no one would come up, but it was a miracle. Almost 40 boys came up and sang. He has so many people that look up to him, and I was amazed at how powerful the hymns can be. Missionaries about powerful. Some of the people that sang were Tyler Lindley, Rope, Brand, Landon, Kord Kilpack, Stetson and Carson Hill, Kade and Bracken Beck, Tyler Ayers, Andrew Smith, Parker Belnap, Josh Smith, Riley Howard, Zach Baird, Skyler Wixom, Preston Anderson, Trevor Empey, Jacob and Spencer Shipton, Shawn Stoddard, Coleman Baker, and many many more. Kolt spoke next and I couldn't keep a dry eye. He talked about the Holy Ghost. He shared many personal stories about following and disobeying the promptings of the Holy Ghost. One about Gaylen's cows and one about helping John Price through his heart attack. It was so nice for me to see him speak well and do his best. I think I was more nervous than he was. It was an amazing Sacrament Meeting. Many people commented that they couldn't tell if Kolt was returning or going on a mission. And others commented on how amazing the music was.

Afterwards, I talked to my LoAnn who said this, "I've heard that your girlfriend won't wait for you, but your wife will, so you be his little wife and just wait." I talked to my family, and was so impressed with how supportive they all were. Miss Reddish came and talked to me and told me to come over anytime I can to talk with her. Jeanna Hill and the family were so nice and supportive and she wants me to come over soon! Also all my friends were really nice to help me!

After the farewell, we went to his grandparents for dinner. We had yummy Cafe Rio burritos. After everyone got their food, we each gave Kolt advice for his mission. I said to follow the rules. Dad said to learn to love the people, and he would find it's lot harder to come back than it is to leave on a mission. Good advice. After dinner, we cleaned up, and Kolt came up with me, and we just talked about things before I left at 7. Although, it was a sad day, I couldn't have planned it better. Everything happened just like it needed to. I'm so proud of Kolt, and thanks to all the support you've given me.

No comments: