Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Start at Western Wyoming Community College

Hey everyone! I haven't checked this in a long time, but I decided that it would be a good way for me to record my feelings like a journal and also let you all know how I'm doing! That way we can keep in touch a little better!



For volleyball, I had to report to Rock Springs at 11;30 AM on Saturday, August 7. We met Makayla and drove through McCammon to Rock Springs, Wyoming. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive, but pretty slow and easy. I rode with Dad, Mom drove Tyler, and Makayla followed in her own car. We arrived just in time for the team meeting with the parents and found that most of the team had already moved into the apartments earlier that week, so we were the only ones with full cars. We went straight to the hospital for team physicals. After the a simple physical, the team helped Makayla and I unload our cars and carry all our stuff up to the 3rd floor of the Snowy Range Building in Room 136. As soon as we finished unloading, we grabbed some lunch at my favorite place...Winger's! Thanks Mom and Dad! Although the service was bad, it tasted wonderful! I was so worried about organizing my room that my brain was running a million miles a minute, thinking about where to put my lamp and my flipflops. We got back to the room and organized everything we had time for, with Dad and Tyler running to Walmart and Home Depot for all sorts of odds and ends.

We got all the important things into place just in time to meet in the gym for our first scrimmage for the parents. During the scrimmage, Kolt arrived, and that made my day! At the scrimmage, I didn't feel like I played outstanding of course, but I did feel competent and confident that I could play with these girls! Right after the scrimmage, we had a team meeting, so Coach Rick Reynolds told us we needed to say goodbye to our parents. Dad and Tyler left that night, and it was so hard saying goodbye to them! I sure love Dad, and he always knows just what to say. And Tyler always brings a smile. It's hard to think he's the lone child at home now! During the team meeting, Mom took Kolt to dinner. At the meeting, we discussed the goals of the year and the expectations of the players. When the meeting was over, Kolt, Mom, Makayla, and I watched She's the Man. It was a fun night, and at about 11 PM, Kolt and Mom left to stay the night at Makayla's parents in Green River. It was so new staying in a strange place, thinking that this is going to be my new home.

No comments: