Monday and Tuesday were pretty easy practices with weight lifting in the morning. But Wednesday was the big day! The first day of classes. To start the day, I went to breakfast at 8:30, and found out I got a letter from Mom. Thank you so much! I love getting mail! Then my first class was at 10. Intro to Business is taught by Doug Bun, who's daughter played for Mom supposedly and knew our whole family. Good way to start the day! Some people do know who I am! It'll be a good class, very similar to my Economics class in high school so far. Shelby and Arielle are in that class so it'll be great!
Second, I had Public Speaking at 11. That class should be interesting. There's lots of older people in that class, but Kelsi Thornock is in that class, so that'll help. The teacher, Linda Linn, is a crazy lady, who talked mostly about how this isn't a scary class, and we would all argue graciously!
Then we went to lunch at the institute for the volleyball team. I met Brother Andrus and also the Elder's quorum president. It was a really good lunch, and we got cake for Vika's birthday, the international girl from Latvia. Then I met Katie and we went to Honors Intro to Music of the World. Martha Halloway appeared very interesting at the start of class, and we were worried that it might be a tough class, but everything should be ok! She even said we didn't have to do our only research paper in that class! I think I'll like the class.
After class, we went to volleyball at 3:30 and had a great practice. Everyone played really well, and I was on the starting team still for the scrimmage. However, at the start of practice, Coach pulled us aside and read my name of the list of girls with outstanding credits that could make me ineligible. So I had to go talk to registration, and because I asked on Friday what the credits they received through fax could transfer for, they put the fax in the wrong pile, so they were never seen and put on the records. As far as I know, they said I'd be alright though, which is a huge relief!! We also got a big itinerary at practice for the weekend and the procedures for traveling. I can't wait to go, although I have tons of homework so far! I have lots to do before Monday, but I can't wait to play on Friday and Saturday!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment