Monday, August 16, 2010

Quick Visit Home

I was so excited on Saturday after going to Santa Fe Southwest Grill with the team, I was able to come home!! The drive home was a cinch! I drove and Jocelyn came with me and met her Dad at Ririe! Then I stopped by Kolt's house and picked him up and took him home! He just finished his cousin's sealing and reception on Saturday. He surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Jessica's reception. We also picked some Sunflowers that grow at his house. They're beautiful and make a great addition to my lamely decorated room! I got home at 11:30 PM and was so happy to see Mom, Dad, Kristi, and Bryant who waited up for me! We talked for a few minutes and had a wonderful dinner! At 1 o'clock, Kolt drove my car home, and we all went to bed!

I woke up and got ready for Kolt's church at 9. He picked me up, and we went to the block at the Milo Church. It was Ward Conference and Mike Harrigfeld talked about family relationships, which was exactly what I needed to hear. After church, we went to Kolt's house and hurried and put together a yummy dinner of roast, mashed potatoes, beans, and baked beans. Right after dinner, we drove to my church and went to the block again. I really do miss a family ward, and all the people at home. I had lots of surprised people though...some who thought I'd quit, but also some who were so nice and interested in what I was doing and how it was going! It sure helps! Kolt and I helped in the nursery where I've been helping all summer. We also helped Mom with Dad and Heather Marley in the Primary sharing stories of the Christ's power over death. It was so neat to hear the testimonies of Kolt and my parents. I look up to them so much. I love you, Mom and Dad. I had a great time with the kids in nursery and primary.

After church, I had dinner with all my family. I even got to Skype with Natalie. I sure love my family, and it was so hard to leave again. I miss you all and love seeing you! Never forget how much you mean to me! I will need your love and support in the future, and hope you feel you get that from me! After a heartbreaking goodbye, Jocelyn and I drove back home! I drove again. It was a much harder drive back to Wyoming than to home. Although it was hard to leave and a 4 hour drive, I would do it every weekend if I could. I love my family!

No comments: