Today was a good day! It started with breakfast of french toast sticks, sausage, and hash browns. I learned I need to drink more milk because my legs started hurting, so I made sure to drink some this morning. At the morning practice, I did alright. We started with conditioning. We do stations...front squats, push press, hang pulls, and clean and jerks with a weighted bar, front and back planks, side planks, squat jumps and bluppies and jump rope with a weighted rope in alternating squares. Once we starting playing, everyone was pretty sluggish. Coach even asked us if we were mad at him or mad at each other because he didn't think we were working very hard. It wasn't that we were playing bad, but it was obvious we lacked a little intensity. Our student coach from Cokeville, Trevor Teichert, who doesn't know much about volleyball, even said it didn't look fun at all. Coach Reynolds thought that was a big deal.
After practice, we had lunch of salad bar. It wasn't too good because we have had salad every day anyways. Makayla and I hurried back to get a nap in. We turned on the Prestige in our room and fell asleep. We didn't really get much of the move watched at all. For the afternoon practice, we did something a little different. At 2:30, setters, liberos, and middle hitters had practice, and at 3:45, setters, liberos, and outside hitters (Right and Left) had practice. Well when I woke up at 2:30 on the dot, everyone in my room was gone, including Brooke Freisen, an outside hitter. So I panicked! And grabbed my stuff and went to the gym. Everyone was invited to both practices, so everyone but Krista and Shelby were there. The 3 outside hitters who showed up were just watching, so luckily, it wasn't a problem at all that I was late, and I just watched the rest of the practice. However, I am really glad I was there, just to make sure Coach knew I was committed. We also got another red practice shirt to go along with our other red and black shirt, 2 pairs of game shoes, ankle braces, 4 spandex, nice sweatsuit, and 4 pairs of socks! So excited...it's been like Christmas all week!
At the outside practice, we worked on passing and hitting. I hit really well!! I hit great twos from the outside and even good 4s as well as 9s on the right side. Coach was so impressed! He said, "Man! You are so athletic." It was such a good compliment. Other girls were saying, "Ya know? You're name's Susan and you just don't think you can hit a ball, but man, you just crush it." I didn't know how to take it, but I've decided I'll take it as a compliment. Also at this practice, the girls did some very girlish things...they gave everyone an animal name that they resemble. I was an ostrich! Not sure if that's a very good thing, but there's lots worse animals! Makayla was a porcupine, Jocelyn a giraffe, Kirsti a raccoon, Kara a shark, Candace a llama, Kourtney a lion, Cori a lemur, Shelby a Siamese cat, and Arielle a black lab. Brooke, Breonna, and Chelsea haven't gotten the lucky names yet. Coach was finally decided as Santa Clause because of his laugh. Man! Girls are nuts...
Dinner was really good today. We had Chicken Cordon Bleu, potatoes, and vegetables, with chocolate pudding with marshmallows and whipped cream!!! Yum!! Yes Dad, I did need some pudding with my whipped cream. :) After dinner, I reorganized some of my room, read The Remarkable Soul of a Woman, and watched more of the Prestige. It was a good day, and I am very ready for bed! Good Night!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment