Today we started with breakfast, and then I had to quickly fax a transcript request to EITC. Yesterday I found out I had to have every transcript I earned sent here before volleyball started or else I would be ineligible to play. I'm not sure it's all worked out, but we're not telling the office, so it should slip by. Then at 8:45 we drove an hour and a half to Red Canyon for a team bonding trip! It was really fun! Arielle drove our car with Kara, Candace, Makayla, and I. We had a great time listening to music. I found out Arielle and Trevor are studying Accounting too! So fun!
We drove straight to Red Canyon and looked from some sights above the canyon. It was really quite pretty. The funny part was that Coach was trying to change our low opinions of Wyoming, but we had to drive all the way to Utah to find this Red Canyon. Coach denied it though by saying that the water in Red Canyon comes from Central Wyoming. What a nut! Someday he'll accept the truth! At the sights, all the team filled out a questionnaire about everything under the sun. We then went through and shared our answers. The one that I had a hard time answering was, "Who would I want to switch places with for a day?" I said Mrs. Duggar, the mom off of 19 Kids and Counting. Everyone was so impressed that I wanted a lot of kids!
After Red Canyon, we went to the Flaming Gorge restaurant, and overwhelmed them with 20 customers, but it was delicious! I had half a Mushroom Swiss Burger and half a Bacon Cheeseburger, and both were great! Then, we went to the water, and almost all of the girls and all coaches went Cliff jumping! Jocelyn, Kirsti, Kara, and I were way too scared, so I took pictures of the girls and videoed Trevor. It was really fun to learn about how some girls were surprisingly brave and others not so much! After swimming, we drove back and rested before the evening practice. At practice, I felt really good! I played good--hitting and serve receiving well! After practice, Coach gave me a hard time, and I dished it back to him. He was pretty impressed, and we had a good time! Makayla was hurt at practice, and our trainer wasn't there, so she ended up sitting during practice. When jumping in the water, we hit her elbow and hurt her shoulder. It feels like she dislocated it!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment