Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm at again!!!

This is Dad again.

I sent this same message as an email to each of you, but thought that I would put it on the blog as well.

Here it is:

Children,

This is an email from Wade with a pretty good idea. I know that this sort of thing has been mentioned before, but I feel a certain urgency to get these sort of things done. I am wondering if any of you would be willing to work on this project for the entire Earl and Marilyn Lindley Family. I think that as parents, we would be willing to pay for gas mileage to travel to Smithfield to work on this.

On a related note, I think that it would be wise for each of you to take some time ( I know that you are each busy, but I also know that these things need to be scheduled as they just don’t suddenly happen) to visit each of your grandparents as you are very fortunate to have all four grandparents still alive. It won’t last forever! They love each of you so very much. They love to visit with each of you. They will take the time to just sit and visit with you.

I love you all so very much.

From: WADE B LINDLEY [mailto:wdlindley@msn.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:30 PMTo: TeresaTheurer@aol.com; Wade LindleyCc: glindley@hollandhart.com; LindLanc@d91.k12.id.us; lindleycb@gmail.com; rlindley@ida.net; g_lindley@msn.comSubject: Re: Mom and Dad

Dear brothers and sister,
I spent some time last weekend reading some of the histories Mom has done for us. I was reading about Corey interviewing Grandpa Lindley and how he was scared to talk because it was being taped, etc. etc. Anyhow, I was just in the shower and thought it would be great to get an extensive interview with Mom and Dad before we aren't able to hear the many stories again which we have all heard. Colene and cousin Kristi stopped by Mom and Dad's last week and I was talking to Colene a lot about her courtship with Bill and how they ended up acquiring the farm in Amalga and things. Dad spouted off a few funny stories about life in Wellsville and I think some of those things are pretty interesting. Such as the time someone (I can't remember the kids name) was in the confectionary and he was stealing some candy and eating it. And then all of a sudden the lady working whispered to the other boys, "He thinks he is getting away with something, but the cat shit in that bowl last night." We have the capability to do video taping so I think this is something which could be treasured in the future. It came to my mind that this is possibly something one of the grandchildren could do. Would any of the grandchildren be interested in doing something like this with Mom and Dad? Maybe you could hit your kids up and see how they respond. We could all submit some questions if possible. If none of the grandchildren can do it, then maybe I'll round up the time and energy this fall/winter and do something. Don't feel obligated to do it if this is something that doesn't interest you.
Wade

No comments: