Monday, September 6, 2010

It's so nice to be home...


It's so nice to be home! It started off with going to sleep in my bed with Mom right next to me! She even snuck out after I fell asleep! I feel like a little girl again! Then I woke up early, thanks to my internal alarm in my brain...it woke me right up at about 8:30.  When I woke up, I talked to Mom and Dad for quite a while.  I mostly wasted away the morning showering and getting ready and getting some of the things I needed from home.  Church was great.  We had a good fast Sunday where Jaime Scott talked about her Patriarchal blessing getting fulfilled by her family getting baptized.  She has such a strong testimony, and I was glad to hear it after we talked about it on Facebook earlier this week.  Her boy, Caleb, was even so glad to see me in Sacrament Meeting because I've been in nursery with him all summer.  When I first saw him once I got to nursery, he growled at me! Jaime joked that it was because he was so mad I left! Haha She's way nice.  She's from England and says she knows what it's like to miss home, so she always talks to me someway each week! Nursery was really fun, and I love playing with the kids.  Some highlights from nursery are Caleb burping and saying, "Pardon me!", Kenlee ripping her heel open and having it bleed through her skirt, Finley screaming when her mom left, but then crying when she had to leave, and everyone asking me when I leave for college! It's so nice to know that I'm noticed anyways! Haha After class, Erin Klingler was really nice to say hi and wanted me to let me know how I was doing.  She even emailed me Sunday morning.  Then Natalie Davidson caught me and was way nice! She asked how I was doing because Tirrell left Sept. 1 too.  I didn't know she was set on waiting too, but she was so nice, and I think we're going to talk some more because she's lonely too! It's so nice to have someone that's doing the exact same thing as you!

After church, we had yummy dinner thanks to dad! Yummy chicken, beans, and corn on the cob.  It's so nice to have a home cooked meal at my very own house! Bryant worked, but Kristi and Tyler were there.  After dinner, Tyler and Kristi wrestled me down to pluck my eyebrows!! And just as a conceded, Kevin and Ashley came! They brought my graduation card, and it's so good to see them! We talked for at least an hour about her kids at school.  After they left, we started The Sound of Music at eight.  There's nothing like The Sound of Music to make me feel at home with my own family! Mom and I made 3 batches of caramel popcorn.  So good!  I even showed Mom and Kristi a funny YouTube video.  Mom even danced ballet to The Sound of Music songs!! She said she did as a little girl when they watched it twice a year.  At 10, we stopped the movie, and I went in a layed with Dad and watched some Seinfeld.  Boy do I miss good ole TV! At 10:30, I went to bed with Mom again! It was so nice to be home today and go to sleep in my own bed!

Today, we got back to school at 2 and practiced at 3.  Our practice was overall terrible.  So not a lot to say there, but anyways things are good and I'm excited to get back on top of my school work before we leave tomorrow.  News is that I'm one of the 10 that're playing tomorrow.  We'll see how that goes since we practiced terrible! Everyone did! Wish me luck! I hope that means Mom will come!

No comments: